Growing up female.
Video Item Preview
- Publication date
- 16mm Film, Educational Film, Women, Socialization, Women (Social sciences), Sex education, Human reproductive system, Human reproductive system, Women (Social sciences), Sex education
- AGC / United Learning 1560 Sherman Ave, Ste 100 Evanston IL 60201 USA (800)323-9084 (847)328-6700 http://www.agcmedia.com
Cameraman, James Medalia
Describes the socialization of the American woman through a personal look into the lives of six females ranging from kindergarten age to middle age. Shows the influence of such forces as parents, teachers, guidance counselors, the media, advertising, pop music, and marriage
Describes the physical and emotional changes that occur when a girl begins her menstrual cycle. Shows, using animated illustrations, the adult female anatomy, the reproduction cycle, and how a baby grows and develops in the womb.
- 2015-05-12 02:27:37
- Women are always living in the dream world. They're attempting to escape from the hundred in reality America SAGAL Yes I remember one time we am a lot to you through the super duper double bubble. Soft right. Let's set it to Heechee setting the all there were dancing girls in the solemn climb coconut trees and the girls just ended up in. The women bought this product. Two to one over the man you don't want to is that one and knowing that one across the board. Specifically we had a problem with. The non-material as the hippies a flower child. We got the charity to carry around. Lipstick enters stash ballet we created what I think is a new group it's good to bloom and if you could be doing anything right now but I think right now. I gotta laugh. I probably pay and benefits. You could how to far as a long term thing if you didn't have to work or anything else that you do what would I be doing I'd be like travelling now cost the country. What were the important things to when you're in high school. Popularity and having the mess by friends and getting on a slight chill a man I'm coming clean things like that which is like the other girls. Well you know it was more competitive I want to be you know better then they weren't happy last or close them or boyfriend there are people like me I think are different. Well material things are not that they aren't that important to me. So letting you make them in secure these drugs you may be a fashion that it took the two crimes are drunk finance learned. Today right. Gun very limited you right down there. Oh no I'm not even sure if you know how many do you. Think me simply shown to hire a grease gun secret made for a woman. Extra fees the reason for all of which the female screen. Beautiful chickie to direction. Parents originally. Had fantastic here stylish You know and you have to clear air is moving here is the timeline for you Could you get a Mrs America watching this in the screen running right by those products then you have an image that we worry a lot when you. Spend it on album and I don't claim I spend the time press and my friend you have to show you when you go into a store you like what's it like for you. Well like the first impulse is to run around and see everything on what and then you now decide which you want to fight in really enjoy the you know what sort of things about you but. I don't know it's really funny lots of times you know I just go up to help. Where which is really a weird thing because I have the effort by things that Jews in the first place you now. What have you know like pots and pans and distance in China you know and Thank You know when it's your leaders small town girl goes away from home the first time they will love me in their pockets. They basically are free to think you'll get married too. It really depends because so far I can only judge marriage by my friends and their relationships with their wives or husbands and it seems to me that the institution of marriage is a farce turn would have children. Yes even if I don't get married to her children actually their secretaries they call another two or three times a day. We have a lot of what it means to be far away from you around fifteen miles or so you seem quite a bit less twice a week to use a woman you're like. One of the women I met a little tail like tacos. Well that's mostly because. I guess a car and died while trying to whatever she believes that you don't think she's to talk to him. I think that men are probably the most important thing in their lives but that does that mean that she tied to that same yourself freedom. Thank you. Do this. Then the moaning to. Come close to. True. It's important to be free. Very proud. It's probably best. To. Cut the top three. The. Only supreme is transitory sure that. All the solutions. When you were talking about. You know that that's something where I met saying right now I really don't know. And like if I try to think about it I really get tight because I think there's not a place to go if I'm not going to do anything in life. Really isn't you now. Any teacher I mean what facts you know staying around. Thad twenty one. Cammie feels he is free. See feel she can make her own decisions about her life and can do whatever he wishes but can she as a woman what can she do with her life. Than I Yeah before you take the time cars out the back and when I spoke to call back that afternoon this guy yes. But. It's. Just because Jones is also twenty four. Yes life would be quite different for her than for can me she comes from a large for channeling in her senior year she was awarded a full college scholarship but had to refuse it in order to support her young daughter. Just because first time now she sat out three or four previous coming to work. Secretary mission small college why do you think she changed her secretarial work to factory marks. So I would guess probably because it's not only easier. But also the money is actually better. My mother if she were to job for my father route to jobs they gave to us you know what they could and I was never really feel my mother's father's. Type of woman she was independent but for kids with a life now my father he was so I don't think when he got married they really loved each of them. Mom was taken with me so you know she sort of put the gun to my dad liked to have fun he didn't want to work with pride you know but mom was a kind of person she could do twice as much by are selfish you could with a name after I got into high school I think I'm going into the tenth grade. Became pregnant with my daughter I began to think that I should take life more seriously. Whereas before my mother had given me you know everything that I wanted or needed and now as it was time for me just get out on my own begin to think about life and act on it. Physically about schools. Yes my girlfriend Well once I got married I could no longer you know spend all the time with sand giggling about other guys because I had my own husband to take years and I sort of became a loner. Hold reason I was sixteen when I had my daughter. Seventy nine come here the reason why I left the breast is because he got into trouble. Getting stuff putting to do. And when I got a peer to peer into prisons to use good. He felt like the world old hand everything you know I should take care of him you know he had a good time if his friends called they were the most important thing I didn't really want to take care of him I wanted to be able to say this is my husband you know and he gets out there and you were actually mean you know any takes care of us for this. But sooner or later. Drugs got older he was no good to know I you know you come in and stumble you know come in with tears in his eyes was closed. I don't know what it was he was messing with you when you when I saw him fall on his knee. This guy is good for me because I need somebody just I can only be a strong as the minutes there you know. I'm going with a man right now he's sixteen years old is in a. Well he were to Ghana to. Not fight proud of himself as a line every says I come up to the first man that. From the start you know my personal it was six months later you know they took him to ask me out but the head I approached him first this would be removed. Cried I think pride is more important to a man than it is to a woman especially the nigger mean. Well I think that over the years. The negro man has been known as boy and he's not a boy demand and in a family in the Negro family the man it's been hard for him to take care of his family and he would often leave home be out of just disappear and a woman it's been easier for her to get a job and take care of your family and we women of the mayor row him partly And I think that is important for the nigger women to be aware that she's a woman and let her man no this is new. A woman and how do you have to. Well I think we have to work harder as being feminine It doesn't bother me wearing pants during the week because there is really no one at work and I'm trying to impress but when I'm around car I like to wear what he likes for me to where I think a woman kids left yet be so worried about you know what she likes as far as causing meters Amanda he really cares about she should go out to please him you know are going to with a few guys from where I work and as they go they try you know and they did did they just don't believe that a girl my age is not out for you know the date and you know go home sometimes I'm quite insulted by cannot stay in to be how that see a guy that's going to grow at you or make passes that you make you feel like a tramp I think I think a third totally interested in just sleeping with me that they're not out to find out what you're all about what you like or anything like that but they're out to conquest you know you know where I had heard last night you know is still going after this win tonight that's all there after wealthy there's some women there that to are older than me know and there were let's say out of the last Liam you know and they want all the attention they can get there they let a guy I know from the very start you know here I am you know not that I think I mean even more superior because the are probably go through the same thing you know once I get up in that age and scares me more than I think anything else does this. Decide to sort of die. I think there's one that is harder for her to grow the lone man he has his friends and things like that but the woman he's in competition with the younger woman and her beauty. He's losing. And I myself it scares me a woman is always in competition with another woman I don't is when my mother father got a divorce. The women that were really closest to my mother you know she was Mary shard away from her when she got a divorce. They might have thought that mom was you know looking for another man in mighty slick a mess today. I just think this is competition and I think it's a good thing because it keeps you warm garden and keep you aware of him and his Me and things I think I've been married twelve years I have three children all girls I am thirty four years old in the house was. You. You know. What are you going didn't ring exchange a valve for ever the men to come the first babysitting bassinette marriage and motherhood the ultimate fulfillment but when the romance cruel the what do you have left is marriage enough. You. Know you. To I can't just concentrate on dusting I mean if I did I probably get a lot more deaths and done but that seems like a very useless kind of fought picking up after people as hell and my biggest complaint is a housewife and mother. Just use to be because they know they're probably if they were no numbers count made of the times I have exploded because they were all made Libi standards that one thing I find it very discouraging to spend the whole day cleaning up and then have everybody just drop and you know I'd take off doesn't do any good. But I blowed I think I would have been also it that way. I. Grew up in a generation that was so Mary jointed brainwashed that was he really didn't that was the thing to do actually safer with them. So it of the situation. At the time I didn't think anything about it. Practice labor by I knew was married to a lawyer and that was the main through a of all your thinking the idea of going to college if I. Gave you my scholarship for hook or crook for some other way. And. Get married. To sing. As a growing up teenager I think I was most concerned with. From the time you know when your children are really very young you with women whose children are are the same ages and they're all to the you know walking talking all that the competition bit that goes on between mothers that probably can't get to be the most boring thing after about five years of sitting around with women that is one thing that really you know get chapter of well I think they're just that's a more delicious to the rather listen to a bunch of women talk about their children just to get out and get away from your children. While becomes an absolute crime Mississippi because there is no relief from their constant C. appoint you you know when you're the only one there you can't even say you know whatever he has to have a drink will ask Daddy you get so that you you think you're going to scream if you can talk to an adult. I think most women married women with children because mothers. And only. Frequently. To me speaking my mind feelings about myself maybe a kind of dominated I mean about me as an individual are really dominated by me as a wife in me so I think we have a really do I think possibly the the one place that they're not is when I work because I think that's really the only place I I am me and I'm not really a mother or your wife and we've been told that this was how a mother is to that that we we saw even if we were told that this was how life was from woman and I think that generally does kind of the. Basic attitude. To grow up with a net you really don't think too terribly much about I don't consider myself to be dominated. I always considered that I did these things kind of because I wanted to that may be salacious. At this moment I would be very upset if I had if I got pregnant again. Say perhaps the biggest reason is the fact that I don't want that tied. To the home. Sorts of things and I really do have very definite feelings about my position to my children is and the reason I gave up working with because I felt it was important and I still feel it's important that I be held as which is why I don't work and be the controlling for smallest in my children's lives and not somebody else but I don't want to have to be tied to that that tightly I guess. If I had my life to live over again right now if I had married and I were just getting married today what I live at the way I am living it man. Oh I thought out it. What has become of the American woman if I'm questioning little girls except offerings of dogs and make a kids and young tomboys find it rough housing and being strong are not part of grown up woman's world if teenagers lose their daydreams of being doctors or explorers setting their future sights on marriage if young women learn to compete with each other for husbands to one acceptable form of love security and fulfillment. If mothers attend to everyone else's needs but their own becoming everyone else's person but their own and it's all women live up to someone else's in the joy of woman seeking approval rather than self definition. Learning to scorn their sex and so themselves. What has become of the American woman where is she to know this how do we find her there are no easy villains there are many victims. Some women today are beginning to find new ways they are putting aside competitiveness and fear to share their common feelings and change their common condition. True. Terri. And Mrs Russell a few of the. Her potential from her by constraints and false values. Her future uncertain her identity.
- Run time
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.1
- Worldcat (source edition)
Subject: This is not the complete film
Subject: It's a transcript!